You’ve probably heard the phrase “in the zone” or “in the flow.”
Ask any athlete and they will agree that there is nothing more fun in life than being in the zone.
When was the last time you were so focused that time stood still? When you are so immersed in what you’re doing that you don’t worry about outcomes or distractions. You trust your skills and react without worry, doubt, or fear about results.
The mental state of being in The Zone or The Flow has been linked to leading a life of happiness and purpose. Your real flow is where you find ultimate fulfillment. But your real flow won’t come without letting go of limiting beliefs and stretching out of comfort zones.
To have a peak experience you must enlarge your capacity and surrender the following constraints:
- Fear of failure
- Low confidence
- Lack of focus
- Worry about what others think
Elite performers train themselves to enter their flow unconsciously by performing little rituals that tune out mind clutter and make it possible for ordinary people to do the extraordinary. Here are some ways to sharpen your focus:
- Breath. Focus on the present moment.
- Keep it simple and avoid over thinking or analyzing what’s happening.
- Let go of what others might think about your performance.
- Eliminate distractions that might dilute your focus.
- Perform functionally (which is actually the opposite of trying to be perfect).
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. Make it a goal to have fun.
- Narrow your focus on one simple objective when you perform.
- Stop worrying about the outcome.
- Stop judging yourself and just be yourself and “just do you”.
Once you have cleared the mental clutter that has been holding you back from leveling up, pick just one mindset tip from the list above to help you focus and find your flow to carry you victoriously to the end! Doing that every day will make it a habit of high performance and personal power. Go for it! Get in The Zone today.